CCHS LC Hours
Monday through Friday
6:45 - 5:00pm
Follow CCHS LC on Facebook!
101 Great Books
The College Board's "101 Great Books Recommended for College-Bound Readers"
Past CCHS Summer Reading Lists
Gale Databases - Gale InfoTrac offers a variety of databases. Read the descriptions to find the database that best meets your information needs. General OneFile and Academic OneFile are two you should always include in your search. Login is automatic through this link. No username/password necessary.
Recommended Summer Reading 2016
Join the CCHS GoodReads
Summer Reading 2016 Group!
Summer = Time to READ!
High interest FICTION in a variety of genres
Compelling NONFICTION in a variety of genres
NEW: You are invited to read along with the CCHS Faculty
CCHS Faculty Reading:
The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace,
by Jeff Hobbs
Between the World and Me,
by Ta-Nehesi Coates
by Chimimanda Ngozi Adiche
In the fall members of the faculty will be facilitating discussion groups for each of the three titles. Students are invited to join us in this reading experience. Please join us!
Commonwealth eBook Collections
NEW! The Commonwealth eBook Collections!
FREE from the Massachusetts Library System!
Axis 360 - Stop by the CCHS LC to create an account to access an extensive collection of popular and classic eBooks and audiobooks. You can download the free app to any mobile device. Just search: Axis 360
Massachusetts Library System EBL - Create an account with EBL to access extensive scholarly and academic e-books.
BiblioBoard - Search curated content and create your very own boards based on your interests. You can also upload your own original content!
To search these three databases from a single search box: click here
NoodleTools helps you organize all your research needs from start to finish. Create an account, or re-validate your old account. If you have any problems or questions email or stop by and talk to any member of the Learning Commons staff. We are here to help!
- Citation and Switching Sources Tutorial
- Notecards and Piles Tutorial
- Sharing a NoodleTools Project with Your Teacher Tutorial
- Setting up GoogleDocs Tutorial
CCHS LC Staff
CCHS LC Policies
Short and Simple : )
- Passes are limited and available on a first come, first serve basis
- Students are required to sign in/out for attendance purposes
- Check out up to 10 books at a time, more if you need them for a project
- Sit in chairs, not the laps of others
- Inside voices
- School-wide policy: Food, drinks and snacks in the cafeteria only
- Be nice to each other, be nice to the librarians. Niceness is contagious